Horizon Evolve SG Compact Treadmill
The Horizon Evolve SG Compact Treadmill is a sturdy piece of technology that will delight you with its ability of providing its users with practical, but also healthy workout sessions. It is difficult to find a fitness product that truly offers the best quality for its price; however, this one is definitely close to that performance.
One of the things you will notice first about the device is that it is incredibly lightweight and easy to manage, without, however, lacking any of the required features that would make such a machine practical as a training tool. Its unique style and elegant combination of practicality, convenience and comfort makes it one of the top choices for weight loss.
Control Options and Workout Programs
The main assets of the Horizon Evolve SG Compact Treadmill are its numerous control options provided by its easy to use console. The modern LCD display is designed to offer users a clear view at some of the most important data required for keeping track of a fitness session, such as time, distance, speed and calorie information.
The console allows you to monitor, as well as modify your workout schedule, with its straightforward and easy to use commands. The device also includes a pulse heart rate monitoring system that is designed to allow for easy, real time heart rate tracking.
When it comes to workout programs, the Horizon Evolve SG Compact Treadmill does not offer the same diversity as other machines, as it only has two workout programs, but it does provide some useful adjustment options.
While it is generally considered that a good treadmill requires a powerful motor, quality is also important. The machine’s 1.5 continuous horse-power motor is quite reliable and efficient. Allowing for a speed range of 1 to 6 mph, it is certainly able to offer a decent workout experience for all those who want to lose weight or tone their body.
The Horizon Evolve SG Compact Treadmill is surprisingly sturdy for its size. With a 250 pound maximum user weight, it will be able to help even people who are significantly overweight when it comes to getting rid of those troublesome extra pounds.
Despite being a somewhat compact product, it also allows for a reasonably large area for jogging or walking. The tread belt measurements are 17 x 45 inches – quite a balanced set of values when it comes to saving space and offering additional maneuverability at the same time.
The compact design of the Horizon Evolve SG Compact Treadmill is also mirrored by its convenient dimensions: 59 x 23 x 48 inches. While it cannot exactly be considered as portable, since, as any treadmill, it does tend to take up more space than other equipment, it is far smaller and easier to store than other models, allowing for both horizontal and vertical storage.
Even though the setup process is eliminated in the case of the Horizon Evolve SG Compact Treadmill, there are still several considerations that need to be taken into account if you want your machine to work well for a long time.
First of all, before you try it out, you will have to keep the device running for a minimum of 60 minutes without using it. This instruction is important, since, if it is not followed, the belt can move too far to one side which can cause some minor problems.
Also, in order to promote durability, the deck has to be lubricated about once every 150 miles, or at least after 6 months of use. Some of the bolts have to be loosened for this purpose, so you can lift the tread belt, and eventually spray the lubricant fluid over the surface of the deck. Be sure to fasten the bolts securely after you finish, so as to avoid any unpleasant incidents.
- Weighing only about 100 pounds, the machine is perhaps one of the most lightweight products of this type available on the market. This makes it much easier to move and work with than many other treadmills.
- The Horizon Evolve SG Compact Treadmill is also quiet, which is a great asset, as you don’t have to worry about bothering your family or neighbors while doing your daily workout.
- There is no assembly required. This eliminates all the hassle and difficulty regarding any installation issues.
- For entertainment purposes, you have the option of attaching an MP3 or CD audio player through an included audio adapter, so your workouts will be much more comfortable.
- The product can be bought at a price of under $500, which makes it remarkably affordable for a treadmill of such quality. You also get a 5 years warranty for the motor, 10 years for the frame and components, and 1 year for labor
- One of the main weak points of the Horizon Evolve SG Compact Treadmill is that the heart rate sensor can be somewhat inaccurate, as some of the users pointed out.
- The safety key is not attached too strongly to the machine, and can fall out easily at times.
- The treadmill also requires a dedicated 110 Volt circuit to function properly, which can cause various problems, and perhaps added costs.
Ratings and Testimonials
The Horizon Evolve SG Compact Treadmill is the perfect choice for most users who have a need for a compact, easy to use device that will not require too much professional handling. Some of the drawbacks associated with the device have influenced a few online reviewers to lower their ratings to 4 and 3 stars, instead of the 5 that most of the customers awarded, but generally, the product is considered to be sturdy, versatile, inexpensive and reliable, offering many assets and features that you just don’t get in the case of your average treadmill.
A treadmill is one of the best fitness devices you can ever own, and in spite of some of its disadvantages, the Horizon Evolve SG Compact Treadmill will live up to, and ever exceed, many of your expectations, while providing all of its benefits at a price you can easily afford.